Rapini Spring Raab
- Features: Same subspecies as turnip. This Italian non-heading broccoli is grown for its asparagus-like early spring shoots. It has many spiked leaves that surround a green bud. Blossoms small yellow flowers.
- Maturity: 60 days / fruit size is 15cm (6").
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Rich, well drained soil. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Space 45-60cm (18-24") apart.
- Height: Grows 30cm (12") in height.
- Garden use: Containers, vegetable gardens and raised garden beds.
- Growing tips: A cool season crop. Plant during spring and fall seasons. Tolerant of cold weather and can withstand overwintering.
- Culinary use: Typically used in Italian, Chinese, Sicilian, and Portuguese dishes. Noted for its pungent, nutty, bitter taste. Delicious boiled or stir fried.