Lettuce Great Lakes
- Features: This is a classical, popular crispy and sweet variety of lettuce that forms a solid head with a nice crunchy texture. The outside leaf is a medium green and crinkled. Cool weather helps the lettuce mature.
- Maturity: 85 days / lettuce size is 8-15cm (3"-6").
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Well drained, nutrient rich soil. Prefers well watered soil with lots of organic matter and a pH of 6.0 to 7.0.
- Spacing: Space 20-30cm (8-12") apart.
- Height: Plants are up to 15 to 20cm (6"-8") in height.
- Garden use: In vegetable garden or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Prefers well drained location and sunny position to prevent disease. Water at soil level instead of overhead. Cold tolerant.
- Culinary use: Perfect for salads, garnish.