Sassy Summer Salsa Recipe
- 3-4 vine ripened tomatoes (choose a combination of Early Girl and Super Sweet 100’s), roughly chopped
- ½ a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded with veins removed, minced or finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or basil ... or both!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
The best thing about salsa (besides the taste, of course) is it’s so healthy! Be sure to add plenty of cilantro for maximum Antioxidants. Don’t like cilantro? Substitute basil!
Place all ingredients in a food process and pulse until you reach desired consistency. Garnish with extra cilantro. Just add nacho chips and enjoy!