Pepper Super Shepherd
- Features: Our most popular Italian sweet pepper. Dark red early tapered fruit has very thick juicy flesh and a delicious taste.
- Maturity: 68 days / length of pepper is 19cm ((7.5") by 5cm (2") wide.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Plant Super Shepherd in loamy and silty soil with a ph between 5.5 and 7.5. It does best in weakly acidic soil to weakly alkaline soil. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Set transplants about 45-60cm (18-24") apart.
- Height: Plant height is 60cm (24").
- Garden use: Grow in raised garden beds or vegetable gardens. Can also be grown in large containers.
- Growing tips: They are relatively easy to grow, as long as they receive plenty of moisture and nutrients, are not subjected to cold and receive plenty of sunshine. Don't overfertilize. This tends to make the plants develop lush foliage at the expense of fruit production. Just follow the directions for your favourite vegetable fertilizer. This variety has very high brix (soluble sugars) and will attract insects to young transplants.
- Culinary use: Perfect for fresh salsa and salads. Frying, stuffing, roasting and pickling.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.