Ipomoea - 4 varieties available
- Common name: Sweet Potato Vine
- Features:A wonderful accent selection grown for its attractive foliage and trailing habit. Available in bright green, dark purple and tri-colour varieties.
- Light: Plant in full sun to part sun.
- Soil and water: Best in rich, moist and well drained soil. Water as needed.
- Size: Grows up to 60cm (24") in length.
- Fertilizer: Incorporate a slow release fertilizer like Osmocote into the soil prior to planting. Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer like 20-20-20 on a weekly basis if no slow release is added to the soil.
- Garden use: Great for beds, containers, window boxes and hanging baskets.
- Growing tips: Treat as an annual in cooler climates. Prune to shape if needed.
- IPOMOEA BATATAS - Ace of Spades: Deep purple, spade-shaped leaves provide excellent contrast in hanging baskets.
- IPOMOEA BATATAS - Blackie: Provides great colour contrast in planters and window boxes, or as a ground cover.
- IPOMOEA BATATAS - Lime: Excellent yellow-green foliage is ideal in hanging baskets and containers.
- IPOMOEA BATATAS - Sidekick: This tri-colour, vigorous-growing vine is ideal in hanging baskets, pots or as an accent plant.
Small space gardens needn’t limit a gardener’s creative possibilities. Awesome Accent foliage plants offer inspired new options for window boxes, hanging planters, and garden pots of all descriptions. The growing number of people living in townhouses, condos and other limited-space housing has created a boom in container gardening. But many people, even with more outdoor space available, enjoy the flexibility and beauty of containers.
Growing flowers in containers helps beautify yards or decks without having to put in all the effort required for a full-scale garden. Gardeners can move around pots for a special occasion, get creative with container types and add interest with a wide variety of trailing plants. Window boxes let gardeners enjoy the view from inside as well as outside, and it’s easy to reposition containers for optimal light conditions. Awesome Accents are designed to help gardeners make the most of all of these benefits.
Sold in individual pots, Awesome Accents can be mixed and matched to complement petunias, impatiens and a wide variety of favourite colourful annuals. You can create stunning container gardens with the accompanying planting tips and placement guide for sun, partial shade and full shade.