- Botanical name: Cordyline indivisa
- Features:This favourite accent plant features long, sword-shaped leaves that provide interesting contrast in combination planters and gardens. Great vertical appeal.
- Light: Plant in full sun to shade.
- Soil and water: Best in rich, moist and well drained soil. Water as needed.
- Size: Tall, upright plant. Grows 61-91cm (24"-36")) in height.
- Fertilizer: Incorporate a slow release fertilizer like Osmocote into the soil prior to planting. Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer like 20-20-20 on a weekly basis if no slow release is added to the soil.
- Garden use: Great for beds, containers, window boxes.
- Growing tips: Clean as needed.
- Other: Some research has shown that Draceana can remove pollutants from the air - benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, and xylene.
Growing flowers in containers helps beautify yards or decks without having to put in all the effort required for a full-scale garden. Gardeners can move around pots for a special occasion, get creative with container types and add interest with a wide variety of trailing plants. Window boxes let gardeners enjoy the view from inside as well as outside, and it’s easy to reposition containers for optimal light conditions. Awesome Accents are designed to help gardeners make the most of all of these benefits.
Sold in individual pots, Awesome Accents can be mixed and matched to complement petunias, impatiens and a wide variety of favourite colourful annuals. You can create stunning container gardens with the accompanying planting tips and placement guide for sun, partial shade and full shade.