Watermelon Crimson Sweet
- Features: A pretty light green melon with dark stripes, it is popular and well known for its high sugar content and great juicy flavour. This fruit contains seeds that are small and dark. The vines are especially hardy, making them resistant to fusarium wilt and anthracnose.
- Maturity: 85-90 days / 9kg (15-25 lbs.) average fruit weight.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Prefers a well drained, nutrient rich soil with a pH of 6 to 6.8. Best with compost. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Plant 1m (39") apart.
- Height: Vine length varies.
- Garden use: In vegetable garden or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Watermelons love to roam, so its important to leave enough room in the garden. Make sure you take care of the weeds. It can be a problem and travel through the vines and interrupt the growth of the vines. Soil is very important to watermelons, add organic matter to your soil. Use a high nitrogen fertilizer until the flowers develop, once the flowers form use a high phosphorous and potassium fertilizer help the watermelon grow.
- Culinary use: On its own, desserts, fruit salads.