- Features: Provides heavy yields of smooth, deep red fruit with good flavour. Determinate vine type.
- Maturity: 70 days / 225-285gm (8-10oz) in average weight.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Well drained, moist soil, with compost. An all purpose, timed release fertilizer is recommended with a pH of 5.5 to 7. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Plant 60-90cm (24-36") apart.
- Height: Grows 1-2m (39-78") in height.
- Garden use: Vegetable garden or raised garden beds.
- Growing tips: Planting depth: bury 2/3 of the plant. Plant your tomatoes quite deep into the ground. The deeper you root your plants, the stronger they will be as they grow. Use slow-release fertilizer at planting time. Tomatoes can be harvested when they begin to show colour, as they will continue to ripen. However, the closer you can get to vine-ripened the better the flavour will be. Tomatoes thrive best when they are grown around chives, onions, parsley, marigolds, nasturtiums, carrots or garlic. Avoid planting tomato plants by cabbages and the potato family. The terrific disease resistance of Biltmore Hybrid - Alternaria Stem Canker, Verticillium Wilt races 1 and 2, Fusarium Wilt and Gray Leaf Spot. This means even bigger yields.
- Culinary use: Large tomato for canning, juicings or eating fresh.
Apply a mulch of straw or other loose organic matter 5-8cm (2-3") deep around the plants. This will reduce weed growth and help retain the moisture in the soil.
Click here for more information on growing tomatoes.