Swiss Chard Peppermint
- Features: White and pink striped stems and glossy green leaves. Bountiful harvest.
- Maturity: 58-63 days
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Prefers a pH of 6.5 to 6.8 to prevent club root disease. To avoid the bitter taste of Swiss chards, make sure the plant gets plenty of water.
- Spacing: Plant 30-60cm (12-24") apart.
- Height: -
- Garden use: Vegetable garden or raised garden beds. This plant can give the garden an exotic foliage feel wherever its planted.
- Growing tips: This plant is very forgiving and can be grown in the poorest quality of soil. Frost tolerant. Harvest young leaves for best flavour. Similar taste to spinach.
- Culinary use: Flavours a variety of dishes. Cook leaves like spinach or prepare leaf stalks like asparagus. High in nutrition.