Swiss Chard Bright Lights
- Features: This beautiful leafy green vegetable plant, full of unique colours brings a tasty spectrum to the garden. The colours range from bright reds, to oranges, yellows, pinks, creams, golds, purples and these colours can run the length of the plant's stalk.
- Maturity: 60 days.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Prefers a pH of 6.5 to 6.8 to prevent club root disease. To avoid the bitter taste of Swiss chards, make sure the plant gets plenty of water.
- Spacing: Plant 15-30cm (6-12") apart.
- Height: 30-45cm (12-18") in height.
- Garden use: Vegetable garden or raised garden beds. This plant can give the garden an exotic foliage feel wherever its planted.
- Growing tips: This plant is very forgiving and can be grown in the poorest quality of soil. Frost tolerant. Harvest young leaves for best flavour. Similar taste to spinach.
- Culinary use: Stir fries, freezes well, steamed.