- Features: An everbearing strawberry that yields over a long harvest season. Large, firm fruit. Delicious flavour. Colour is dark red in the first season. Produces very few runners. High yield over late spring through to late summer/early autumn. This variety is a Fruit that typically grows as an Biennial, which is defined as a plant that matures and completes its lifecycle over the course of two years. Temptation Strawberry is a low maintenance plant and is easy to grow.
- Maturity: xx days.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Best in rich, moist, well-drained soil containing plenty of organic matter. Water frequently until plants are growing vigorously. Watering is very important in early summer and September.
- Spacing: Space plants 45cm (18") apart.
- Height: Grows 20cm (8") in height.
- Garden use: Vigorous but compact growth is excellent for hanging baskets or patio containers.
- Growing tips: Tough and resilient in relation to pest and diseases. Well suited to short season climates. Apply a light mulch to keep weeds down, conserve moisture and keep fruit clean. Fertilize beds in early summer and again in September with a balanced fertilizer. Do not fertilize if plants are flowering. Note that June-bearing plants produce the second year after planting. Cut all runners off during the first year, leave 2-3 runners the second year.
- Culinary use: Used in deserts, fresh or for jam.
Try our delicious strawberry shortcake recipe!