Pepper Sweet Heat
- Features: The earliest to bear fruit, compact and bushy Sweet Heat is a great choice for gardeners who like early season fruit. Sweet Heat can be harvested green or red, but ripens to red. Sweet and spicy flavour.
- Maturity: 52 days / length of pepper is 8-10cm (3-4") by 2.5-4cm (1.5-2.5") wide.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Sandy loam to clay loam. Soil rich in nutrients with good drainage and a neutral ph level of 5.5 to 6.5. Water as needed. Normal to moist.
- Spacing: Set transplants about 45cm (18") apart.
- Height: Plant height is 30cm (12").
- Garden use: Compact bushy plants work well in containers or vegetable gardens.
- Growing tips: Low maintenance. They are relatively easy to grow, as long as they receive plenty of moisture and nutrients, are not subjected to cold and receive plenty of sunshine. Don't overfertilize. This tends to make the plants develop lush foliage at the expense of fruit production. Just follow the directions for your favorite vegetable fertilizer.
- Culinary use: Perfect for grilling or salsa, with a mildly spicy flavour like pepperoncini. Sweet and hot with 65% higher vitamin C than average peppers.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.