Pepper Orange Blaze Orange Bell
- Features: We’re sweet on this sweet orange bell pepper, the AAS 2011 winner. Orange Blaze is a winner for great flavour, early maturity, easy-growing personality and remarkable disease resistance. Beauteous 2-3 lobed fruits are optimally sized for peak sweet flavour and texture at harvest.
- Maturity: 65-70 days / length of pepper is 8cm (4") and 3 to 4cm (1.5") wide.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Sandy Loam to Clay Loam. Soil rich in nutrients with good drainage and a neutral ph level of 5.5 to 6.5. Water as needed. Normal to moist.
- Spacing: Space 45cm (18") apart.
- Height: Plant height is 75cm (30").
- Garden use: Grows well in containers and vegetables garden. No staking required.
- Growing tips: Low maintenance. They are relatively easy to grow, as long as they receive plenty of moisture and nutrients, are not subjected to cold and receive plenty of sunshine. Don't overfertilize. This tends to make the plants develop lush foliage at the expense of fruit production. Just follow the directions for your favourite vegetable fertilizer.
- Culinary use: Very sweet flavour, eat raw or cooked. Ideal for stuffing.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.