Pepper Hungarian Sweet Banana
- Features: Named for its banana-like shape, this variety bears sweet, mild peppers that mature from yellow, to orange, and then to crimson red. Plants fruit prolifically, easily producing 25 to 30 pods per plant.
- Maturity: Matures in 65-70 days / pepper is 20 x 5cm (8 x 2”) in size.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Prefers well drained soil. Keep soil moist. Peppers grow best in a near-neutral soil with a pH between 6.2 and 7.0, although they can tolerate slightly alkaline conditions near 7.5.
- Spacing: Space plants 45cm (18") apart.
- Height: -
- Garden use: Grow in garden bed, raised beds or containers.
- Growing tips: Fertilize with an all purpose fertilizer every 6 weeks. Plant 1 week after last frost. Regular watering is required.
- Culinary use: This pepper is great for salads, frying, pickling, and is an excellent choice to make pepper rings for sandwiches.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.