- Features: With a mosaic colour of red and green – this pepper is known for its sweet and mild taste. Ripens from yellow/green to red.
- Maturity: 62 to 65 days / pepper is 13cm (5") in length.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Well drained soil with a temperature of 18-24C and a pH of 5.6 to 7.5. Avoid planting in compact soil. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Plant 45cm (18") apart, in rows 76cm (30") apart.
- Height: The plant is 90-120cm (36-48") in height.
- Garden use: Vegetable gardens or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Plants thrive in weather temperatures of 15C and higher. Protect plants from morning and evening frost. Cover your plants accordingly. Average water needs, water regularly but do not overwater. This plant enjoys a fertilizer treatment every 4 weeks. To help encourage fruit bloom, spray mist the plant with water.
- Culinary use: Cubanelle have become a mainstream pepper for Italian and Spanish cooking.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.