Pepper California Wonder Green Bell
- Features: This plant produces a thick-walled, sweet fruit that ripens to green. California Wonder always produces well formed, juicy, crunchy, large pepper fruits. A favourite with gardeners!
- Maturity: 70 to 75 days / pepper is 13cm (5") in length.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Soil rich in nutrients with good drainage and a neutral ph level of 7.0. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Plant 45-60cm (18-24") apart, in rows 76cm (30") apart.
- Height: The plant grows to 90cm (36") in height.
- Garden use: Grow in vegetable gardens or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Plants thrive in weather temperatures of 15C and higher. Be careful of frost in the morning and evening. Cover your plants accordingly. Average water needs, water regularly but do not overwater. This plant can grow quite tall, so have stakes ready for support, especially when the plant bears fruit. Mulching in raised beds will help control the weeds. Floating row covers can help young plants stay warm in early spring where the weather is cool and protect them from sun-scalding in the heat of the summer.
- Culinary use: Stir fries, soups, stews, stuffed, roasted and grilled. Perfect in salads too.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.