Pepper Cajun Bell Red Bell
- Features: True to its name, Cajun Belle pepper is an awesome pepper because it gives you all the flavour of a sweet pepper combined with a mild but spicy heat. They are relatively small, growing about 60cm (2’) tall by 60cm (2’) wide. They develop 3 to 4 lobes to make a small, thin walled blocky pepper. Ripens from green to red.
- Maturity: 60 days / pepper size is 5-8cm (2-3”) in length.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Soil rich in nutrients with good drainage and a neutral ph level of 7.0. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Set transplants about 60-90cm (24-36") apart, and before long the green peppers appear in surprising numbers.
- Height: -
- Garden use: Grow in vegetable garden, raised beds or great for containers.
- Growing tips: Plants are robust and disease tolerant. Allowed to remain on the plant to maturity, they turn glossy red and grow increasingly flavourful.
- Culinary use: Adds zip to any dish. Perfect for salsa, stuffing, great flavour for grilling and beautiful colours that brighten a fresh salad.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.