Pepper Big Bertha
- Features: A large and bountiful pepper. Uniform, 3-4 lobed, with medium thick walls that ripen from green to red. A large plant size that requires support stakes or cage.
- Maturity: 72 days / large pepper size: 10 x 18cm (4x7").
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Well drained. Thrives in a soil with a pH of 5.6 to 7.5. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Plant 45-120cm (18-48") apart, in rows 120cm (48") apart.
- Height: The plant is 65-75 cm (25-30") in height.
- Garden use: Vegetable gardens or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Plants thrive in weather temperatures of 15 celcius and higher. Plant 1 week after last frost. Regular watering is required. To achieve a spicier pepper, you can decrease& your watering and feeding a few weeks before harvesting. The more often you harvest, the more the plant yields.
- Culinary use: Perfect for stuffing, pickling and preserving. Great in salads.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.