- Features: Sandy is an attractive oak-shaped leaf type lettuce with a multitude of sweet tasting, large frilly dark green leaves. Use Sandy as cut and come again baby leaf, or grow to full maturity for loose salad heads. Uniformly mounded loose heads.
- Maturity: 30-50 days to harvest / size is 25-30cm (10-12").
- Light: Plant in full sun in cool weather or partial shade as temperatures warm up.
- Soil and water: Prefers well drained soil.
- Spacing: Plant 25cm (10") apart.
- Height: -
- Garden use: Garden beds or pato containers.
- Growing tips: Gardeners can harvest fresh salad over and over by simply cutting back to 5 cm (2"). Enjoy multiple crops from one planting.
- Culinary use: For the best quality, it's better to pick early than late as lettuce allowed to grow too long may be bitter and tough. Since lettuce is primarily water, it does not store well. For the best quality and flavour, use home grown lettuce soon after harvest. This is particularly true for many of the loose leaf varieties that wilt quickly.