Lettuce Simply Salad Garden City Mix
- Features: A traditional mix of lettuce varieties that are easy to grow and is sure to have wide appeal. This attractive mix includes many shades of green and bronze and offers many different leaf textures.
- Maturity: 21+ days to harvest / leaf size is 8-15cm (3-6").
- Light: Plant in full sun in cool weather or partial shade as temperatures warm up.
- Soil and water: Prefers well drained soil.
- Spacing: Plant 20-30cm (8"-12") apart.
- Height: -
- Garden use: This variety grows well in containers. But to maximize lettuce production, plant lettuce in raised beds. The raised beds warm up faster than the surrounding ground, so you should be able to get an earlier start in the spring and a later crop in the fall.
- Growing tips: Gardeners can harvest fresh salad over and over by simply cutting back to 5 cm (2"). Enjoy multiple crops from one planting.
- Culinary use: For the best quality, it's better to pick early than late as lettuce allowed to grow too long may be bitter and tough. Since lettuce is primarily water, it does not store well. For the best quality and flavour, use home grown lettuce soon after harvest. This is particularly true for many of the loose leaf varieties that wilt quickly.