- Features: Long, oval shaped fruit with dark glossy purple-black colouring. Very firm and uniform in shape with excellent shelf life. Plants are vigorous high yielders and hold the fruit off the ground.
- Maturity: 68-70 days / eggplants are 23cm (9").
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: It is recommended that the soil is enriched with composted manure and time released nutrients, well drained and a pH of 6.3 to 6.8.
- Spacing: Space 45-75cm (18"-30") apart.
- Height: Plants are xxcm (xx") in height.
- Garden use: Plant in vegetable garden or raised beds.
- Growing tips: Plants will lose their blooms on chilly nights, lightly cover container plants at night if temperature suddenly drops. Feed plants once every 5-6 weeks with a well balanced commercial fertilizer. Harvest small fruit. Overmature fruit become tough with bitter seeds.
- Culinary use: Excellent for grilling, roasted or for stirfry.