Cucumber Straight 8
- Features: Straight 8s have a deep green skin colour and smooth white flesh. They produce a mild, sweet flavour when they’re ready to be harvested. These plants have a high yield of fruit.
- Maturity: 50-75 days / cucumbers are 20cm (8") in length.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: A strong feeder, soil high in nutrients with organic matter is important.
- Spacing: Space 1.2m (4') apart.
- Height: -
- Garden use: Plant in vegetable garden, raised beds or containers (5 gal or larger). Experiment by growing vertically on a trellis.
- Growing tips: Plant in hills. Plant to the depth of the container. Cucumbers can also be grown vertically on a trellis, fence or other support. This makes the best use of garden space by containing the vines and keeping them from sprawling throughout the garden, as well as keeping the fruits clean and straight as they develop above the ground. Growing cucumbers vertically dramatically increases yields because the vines receive better air circulation and more sunlight than vines on the ground.
- Culinary use: Salads, great for pickling, soups and garnish.