Kale Caesar Salad Recipe
- Salad Ingredients
- 4 cups fresh baby kale
- 1 small head of Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups croutons - optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Caesar dressing, see below
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half – optional (adds a splash of colour)
- Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (or more if you like!)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons anchovy paste, to taste (yes, you DO like anchovies)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
To Make The Kale Caesar Salad:
1. Add the kale, Romaine, croutons, Parmesan, dressing, and tomatoes (if using) to a large bowl. Toss until combined.
2. Serve immediately.
To Make The Caesar Dressing:
1. Add all ingredients except milk to a small mixing bowl, and whisk together until combined and smooth. Whisk in a tablespoon of milk at a time until the dressing reaches your desired consistency.
2. Use immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
*To make easy croutons, just drizzle a few slices of old bread (baguette works best) with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning. Toast them up until crispy. Then either crumble them up with your hands, or use a knife to chop them into small pieces.