- Features: Strongly aromatic and flavourful, dark-green leaves, small white flowers. Anise flavoured leaves.
- Light: Plant in partial shade.
- Soil and water: Well drained, nutrient rich soil, on the dry side. Allow soil to dry between waterings.
- Spacing: Space 30-40cm (12-15") apart.
- Height: Grows 60-90cm (24-36") in height.
- Growing tips: French tarragon spreads to make a mass of stems and works well in containers where it will not trail, but spill over the edge of a pot. Also likes the drainage pots provide. Containers help keep the foliage dry, too, which really helps in humid climates. Cold hardy to zone 4.
- Garden use: Herb garden or other sunny bed; planted more for flavour than aesthetic use.
- Culinary use: A traditional seasoning with eggs, poultry, salads, cheese, and fish.