- Features: This herb has aromatic grass-like leaves. Produces light gray-green leaves with a lemony scent and flavour. Wispy, white flower heads are an added bonus.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Prefers moist and nutrient rich soil. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Space 60-90cm (24"-36") apart.
- Height: Grows 60-90cm (24-36") in height.
- Growing tips: Plant after last frost in spring or in fall. Perennial in zones 8 to 11. Plant where the scent can be enjoyed.
- Garden use: Containers, herb and flower beds.
- Culinary use: Use leaves and stems in Asian dishes. Fresh leaves lend a lemony taste to foods. Flavour intensifies the longer you cook it. Use lemon grass fresh, dry it, or freeze it.