Basil Super Sweet Genovese
- Features: This herb is known throughout the world for its wonderful aroma and flavour. Biennial herb grown as an annual. Produces a high yield and is extremely aromatic.
- Light: Full sun but tolerant to moderate shade.
- Soil and water: Prefers slightly acidic, well drained, rich soil.
- Spacing: Space 30-38cm (18") apart.
- Height: Grows 45-60cm (18-24") in height.
- Growing tips: This herb loves hot weather. Optimal growth with compost and manure.
- Garden use: Containers, borders, herb and flower beds.
- Culinary use: Most popularly type of basil used for pesto. Also used in soups and sauces and as a garnish and in some marinades.