Basil Siam Queen
- Features: Typically used in Thai food as well as other Asian and Middle Eastern dishes, lots of leafy branches with a distinctive spicy, licorice flavour and scent.
- Light: Full sun but tolerant to moderate shade.
- Soil and water: ell drained, nutrient rich soil. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Space 30-45cm (12-18") apart.
- Height: Grows 60-75cm (24-30") in height.
- Growing tips: Keep Siam Queen full by pinching flowers off as soon as they appear. This promotes branching and more leaves for you to enjoy. Compost and manure should be added a month after sowing. Be sure to avoid over-crowding as the plant requires decent air circulation.
- Garden use: Containers, borders, herb and flower beds.
- Culinary use: Thai, Vietnamese, Middle Eastern dishes. Great for salads, soups and stir frys. A highly versatile culinary herb.