Pepper Yellow Sparkler
- Features: A high yielding sweet and crisp pepper. Elongated is shape with a rounded tip. Turns from green to bright yellow as it matures.
- Maturity: Matures in 65-68 days / pepper size is 5-8cm (2-3”) in length.
- Light: Plant in full sun.
- Soil and water: Soil rich in nutrients with good drainage. Water as needed.
- Spacing: Space plants about 45-60cm (18-24”) apart in rows 75 cm (30”) apart.
- Height: Grows 50-60cm (20-24") in height.
- Garden use: Grow in raised garden beds or vegetable gardens. Can also be grown in large containers.
- Growing tips: The more you harvest, the more peppers your pepper plant will produce. Many pepper varieties can be picked at any time while still maintaining their flavour and crunch. Peppers taste good from the moment they're big enough to eat, but their stock of vitamins A and C is highest when the fruits have reached full maturity and, in the case of nongreen varieties, have achieved about 2/3 of their destined colour.
- Culinary use: Use some green and leave some to ripen for a pretty addition to your favourite dish. Perfect for snacking. Can be eaten fresh or frozen, also good for pickling. These peppers store well after harvest, keeping their texture and flavour.
Click here for more information on growing peppers.