- Common name: Sweet Potato Vine
- Features:A wonderful accent selection grown for its attractive foliage and trailing habit. Available in bright green, dark purple and tri-colour varieties.
- Light: Plant in full sun to part sun.
- Soil and water: Best in rich, moist and well drained soil. Water as needed.
- Size: Grows up to 60cm (24") in length.
- Fertilizer: Incorporate a slow release fertilizer like Osmocote into the soil prior to planting. Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer like 20-20-20 on a weekly basis if no slow release is added to the soil.
- Garden use: Great for beds, containers, window boxes and hanging baskets.
- Growing tips: Treat as an annual in cooler climates. Prune to shape if needed.
Growing flowers in containers helps beautify yards or decks without having to put in all the effort required for a full-scale garden. Gardeners can move around pots for a special occasion, get creative with container types and add interest with a wide variety of trailing plants. Window boxes let gardeners enjoy the view from inside as well as outside, and it’s easy to reposition containers for optimal light conditions. Awesome Accents are designed to help gardeners make the most of all of these benefits.
Sold in individual pots, Awesome Accents can be mixed and matched to complement petunias, impatiens and a wide variety of favourite colourful annuals. You can create stunning container gardens with the accompanying planting tips and placement guide for sun, partial shade and full shade.